[OSM-talk] Editing of content that will be deleted on April 1st

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Tue Dec 13 22:03:48 GMT 2011

On 13/12/2011 21:38, 80n wrote:
> You've known for quite some time that non-CT content will ultimately get
> deleted.

The original promise was that it requires a critical mass to proceed.
According to the OSMF wiki there are fewer than three quarters agreeing,
and some of the major countries will lose nearly half their ways
according to http://odbl.de/ . Frederick's map (THANK YOU!) is really
the first indication I've seen of what the consequences are likely to
be, yet what seems to be being said is that it will go ahead in April
come what may.

What are the precise, numeric criteria for proceeding? At the moment
even by a vague definition I don't see how one could describe it as a
critical mass.

David