[OSM-talk] Mails to undecided mappers (was: Editing of content that will be deleted on April 1st)

Robert Norris rw_norris at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 16 02:21:26 GMT 2011

> Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 02:49:13 +0100
> From: osm at tobias-knerr.de
> To: talk at openstreetmap.org
> Subject: [OSM-talk] Mails to undecided mappers (was: Editing of content that will be deleted on April 1st)
>
> David Earl wrote:
> > I'll certainly be contacting people now Frederick has provided an easy
> > means to evaluate the data, but I'm not overly optimistic about people
> > replying - I run a membership database and find maybe 10% of people
> > change their email addresses each year, and half of those don't tell me,
> > and that's when they've paid an annual sub to belong.
>
> I strongly recommend investing some time into mailing non-responders.
> I've done it for mappers in my region a while ago. About half of them
> reacted within a day or so; until today 22 out of 26 have agreed. One
> even started mapping again. Sadly, the other 4 did not react at all.
> (Note that this was before the second mass mailing, the success
> percentage would almost certainly be lower today.)

I've started contacting undecided local mappers near me, it helps that the first contact resulted in an agreement, so that keeps one encouraged!

However as far as I can tell the edits made by anonymous users will be removed come the 'judgement day'

I can't find any tools to help me find out the extent of anonymous edits - does any one have any advice?

Be Seeing You - Rob.
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving isn't for you.