[OSM-talk] [OSM-legal-talk] License Change View on OSM Inspector

Dirk-Lüder Kreie osm-list at deelkar.net
Wed Dec 21 05:11:54 GMT 2011

Am 13.12.2011 23:24, schrieb 80n:
> On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 9:34 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org
> <mailto:frederik at remote.org>> wrote:
>

>>     It is important to note that the OSM Inspector view is not the final
>>     word - not even an "official word" - on the question of what gets
>>     deleted. It is just my interpretation of the current situation.
>
> Frederik, If the OSM Inspector view is just your own interpretation of
> the current situation then this is surely problematic.
>
> Contributors may be reassured by OSM Inspector that a path is safe and
> that it can be edited.  It may then later get deleted.  Who gets to make
> the official decision about what is safe and what is not?  And when does
> that decision get made?

OK, I'll bite.

I would trust Frederik that if any official decision is made the view
will reflect that. Frederik has updated the rules for the Inspector from
time to time, and I have no reason to believe he will not keep the
ruleset current as the legal situation on corner cases becomes clearer.

--

Dirk-Lüder "Deelkar" Kreie
Bremen - 53.0901°N 8.7868°E