[OSM-talk] Splitting a way may completely hide a taint

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sat Dec 24 05:23:28 GMT 2011

Toby Murray writes:
 > The second easiest is to make use of the odbl=clean tag that the OSM
 > inspector allows. Assuming of course that this tag will also be
 > respected in the final process on April 1.

In this particular instance, although OSMInspector labels them as
tainted, there is nothing left of the original import except the
source=PGS tag. I've moved every node, and all the original tags are
gone. I hope that whatever process our corporate overlords choose will
dig down into the nodes.

Since this is, on the face of it, a bug in OSMInspector's algorithm,
I'm not going to worry about it.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog