[OSM-talk] Overpass API: new version 0.6.95

Roland Olbricht roland.olbricht at gmx.de
Tue Dec 27 19:46:38 GMT 2011

Dear all,

the new version 0.6.95 of Overpass API is available. See
http//wiki.openstreetmap.org/OSM3S/versions

It is an intermediate version to make the useful features of the various beta
versions already present on the server available as a release.

This is mostly the possibility to select also ways and relations by their
bounding box. Additionally, a lot of bugfixes have been added.

There are still a lot of useful features that can be implemented before the
larger version step to 0.7. Thus I expect another version in the 0.6 series.
That version is expected to have support for JSON as an output format, for a
more concise query language, to allow regular expressions in has-kv
statements, and to go a step further to completely orthongonal query-
statements. I'm confident to get back to the old release velocity and to
present that version 0.6.96 in January.

Best regards,

Roland