[OSM-talk] help from people with first-hand knowledge

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 19:26:39 GMT 2011

One of last year's Google Summer of Code projects was a simple web based
editor targeted at new users - see
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code/2010/AcceptedProjects/SimpleMapEditor
.
It still needs some development, but it would be a good start for something
that has very limited functionality, like just being able to change the name
of things.

I have a feeling Potlatch2 is supposed to be customisable, so you may be
able to achieve something with that, but I have never looked into it.

Graham.

On 2 February 2011 19:04, malenki <osm_ at malenki.ch> wrote:

> Juan Lucas Domínguez Rubio wrote:
>
> >is there a website similar to this:
> >

> http://toolserver.org/~flacus/OSM/checkcrossing/spain/C03-spain-20110128.htm
> >
> >where people with first-hand knowledge can provide names for streets
> >and buildings without using an editor?
>
> There is the Amenity Editor at http://ae.osmsurround.org/ae/index
> But: * you can only edit Nodes
>     * the interface is in german (and not as plain-simple as you want
>       it)
> anyway, maybe it is of interest
> malenki

Graham Jones