[OSM-talk] magical road detector to play with

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 15:56:35 GMT 2011

Hello Serge,

I hope Richard convinced you that my intentions was purely to further
the debate and not to attack anyone. It is however not the point of
this email...

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 11:34 PM, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nic, Richard has a long history with this community of being one of
> our ambassadors, in every sense of the world. He's a prolific mapper,
> he's been a very effective community organizer, a project leader,
> conference organizer, and former Cloudmade Ambassador.

Personally I'm not a fan of the Cloudmade business model. Perhaps I'm
alone in this, but I think they they have distracted the community and
the osm.org website and the tagging standards would have evolved a lot
faster if they were not around.

Regards,
Nic