[OSM-talk] (magical?) road detector

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 10:14:21 GMT 2011

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Ido Omer <Ido.Omer at microsoft.com> wrote:
> It is not open at the moment.
> I am not so sure what is the policy and I'll sniff around... but I'm not sure it will be very easy to do that.
> In any case, even if we get an approval to switch to open source, it will probably take a few weeks of cleaning it up before we could do that.

Strange...so MS is willing to invest resources in developing a tool
which is useful to the open-source map community, and to actively
promote the tool to the open-source map community, but not
open-license the source itself?

But I guess I don't know much about what led to SteveC's original
announcement, or exactly what his role in MS is.

Steve