[OSM-talk] (magical?) road detector

Thibault North tnorth at fedoraproject.org
Sun Feb 6 21:24:19 GMT 2011

Hi Ido,

Of course, the attached pictures and their long path are not a typical use
case, but they show how easy it is to make the automatic extraction of a road
network difficult.
And as it has been mentioned here, the mapping of small road portions is
already quite easy to do, and an automatic tool would be interesting only if
it can provide more than that: that would certainly attract more people.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how better this service will do in a
near future.

Thanks,
Thibault