[OSM-talk] (magical?) road detector

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Sun Feb 6 23:05:10 GMT 2011

Stephan Knauss wrote:
> I'm not a lawyer, but the current TOU seam not to allow it to be used
> in our editors.

My understanding of this Bing term is that it's _intended_ to mean "not
available for use in an editor that is only available under commercial
terms", e.g. the ArcGIS plugin. I agree there's ambiguity there and clearing
up the NC terms was one of the suggestions I made for clarifying the licence
(suggestions which are currently with OSMF on the way to Bing, I believe).

> Potlatch (2) is GPL. That is not non-commercial.

No it fricking isn't GPL!

Potlatch 2 is proudly WTFPL:
http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/editors/potlatch2/LICENCE.txt

cheers