[OSM-talk] Wiki editing (was Re: (magical?) road detector)

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 21:35:34 GMT 2011

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 2:18 AM, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:
> So if you don't know, put a FIXME there. It's what we do on the map.

Good suggestion. Could I also suggest that if you think someone's
change has lots of problems, instead of rolling it back with an
offensive commit comment, you could:
1) Comment it out with a note for someone to verify the entries then
un-comment; or
2) Add a FIXME yourself; or
3) Mention the problem here; or
4) Revert it and drop the author a line; or...

Although there was incorrect information in this case, it hardly
warranted speedy action. Wrong (but harmlessly so) licence
information? Call the fire brigade!!

Wikis need it to be possible for work to be split amongst different
people: one person creates the infobox, someone else fixes the data in
it.

Steve