[OSM-talk] Boundary rendering bug

Daniel Sabo danielsabo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 12:53:06 GMT 2011

This is probably a holdover from "old style" multipolygons that were defined by the tags on the outer ways and had no tags on the relations. But putting tags on both the way and the relation would be wrong anyways, because the renderer can't know that boundary on the way is the same boundary on the relation.

If your going to use boundary relations don't put any of the boundary tags on the member ways, let the importer apply them if the renderer needs it.

- Daniel