[OSM-talk] Boundary rendering bug

Daniel Sabo danielsabo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 02:08:31 GMT 2011

It's not really a bug, if you have the following setup:

Member way:
boundary = administrative

Relation:
boundary = administrative
admin_level = 6

What you're telling mapnik is that there are two boundaries, one is admin_level 6, the other is admin_level undefined. The admin 6 one will render at z11 or closer, the undefined one renders at z9 to z11.

To map the boundary as a relation you should have:

Member way:
no boundary tags (that includes the boundary name)

Relation:
boundary = administrative
admin_level = 6
name = Something