[OSM-talk] collateral damage (was: What the license change is going to do to the map)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Feb 10 18:53:37 GMT 2011

Ed,

Hillsman, Edward wrote:
> As an example, on September 5, 2009, I
> added Carrollwood Bicycle Emporium (484675555), a bicycle shop, to a
> shopping center. On October 12, Anthony added an address to this bicycle
> shop.

And on October 14, Anthony removed that bicycle shop, and it has been
removed ever since.

On October 19, Anthony created two nodes, 535406826 and 535416420, both
for this same bicycle shop. These have been affected by the reversion
because by working the way he did, Anthony severed the history ties to
your original version. Had he simply added to your node, instead of
deleting and re-creating it, then a clean reversal would have been possible.

I apologise if this has already been said elsewhere in this thread; I'm
only skimming messages.

Bye
Frederik