[OSM-talk] Fwd: Re: collateral damage (was: What the license change is going to do to the map)

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Feb 10 19:45:48 GMT 2011

On 10/02/11 19:37, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:

> Let's get this completely fair, and remove all the work of others who
> have been caught tracing from Google, admitted it when challenged, and
> only the work which was challenged has been removed. Work which may
> also be traced from Google because it also was a long way from the
> person's home, and not been specifically challenged, is still there in
> the OSM database.

If such edits are reported then they will be removed, just as these ones
were.

If you know of other cases then how about you stop dropping opaque hints
here and start acting like a good OSM citizen by following the proper
protocols and reporting it. See the bold text on this page:

   http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Copyright_infringement

Where possible only infringing edits will be removed - I'm not sure why
you think we would or should do more than that. In this case the mapper
refused to cooperate with identifying which edits were infringing so we
had to assume they all were and remove them all.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/