[OSM-talk] Bing coverage - more levels

Toby Murray toby.murray at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 22:50:42 GMT 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 4:37 PM, ant <antofosm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10.02.2011 20:25, Lennard wrote:
>>
>> @ant: Would it be possible to have the editors collect and report* on
>> the available zoom levels, as users download Bing tiles while editing?
>
> That's a brilliant idea, but I'm not involved in how editors handle Bing
> maps. So the question whether they can provide such data at all should be
> directed at their developers.

This thought occurred to me as well. I'm pretty sure JOSM could be
made to do this. It already detects which zoom levels are available
and overzooms the previous level if none is available at the current
one. I know P2 doesn't overzoom but it also seems to detect when no
imagery is available and just blanks out the background.