[OSM-talk] Fwd: Re: collateral damage (was: What the license change is going to do to the map)

Jean-Marc Liotier jm at liotier.org
Fri Feb 11 01:29:14 GMT 2011

Anthony wrote:
>> OSM is not asking you whether you think you are allowed to trace
>> from Google.  It is telling you that as a community we don't want
>> you to trace from Google.
>
> Yes. And it's telling me that by deleting contributions which have
> absolutely nothing to do with my tracing from Google.

After admitting to tracing from Google imagery, you refused to tell
which objects were involved. You left other members no choice - they had
to take the prudent course of action. Had you been willing to
collaborate, this could have been avoided.

You wish that, after reading you admitting to tracing from Google
imagery, other contributors would accept your retraction and continue as
if nothing happened - but it is not possible : your initial admission
cast a shadow that other project members are not willing to bear.