[OSM-talk] Fwd: Re: collateral damage (was: What the license change is going to do to the map)
dermotm at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 02:00:27 GMT 2011
On 11 February 2011 01:34, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:
> Oh my God. How many times do I have to say this? NO OBJECTS WERE INVOLVED.
By now this is all at risk of getting a little like a soap opera, and
like with soaps, there is a risk that people coming in at the middle
of a storyline will fail to grasp the nuances of the situation. So for
PREVIOUSLY ON DYNASTY:
* Anthony brags about tracing from "Google" (did he mean imagery or
maps? Oooh! Cliffhanger)
* Many within the project appalled - "Anthony, how could you,
everybody knows it's not allowed"
* The Man demands to know what objects are tainted. Anthony insists none are.
* The Man deletes all of Anthony's contribution and banishes him to
the wilderness. Surely only waking up and realising it's a bad dream
will save him now.
* Various mappers chastise Anthony for having brought this misfortune
not only down on his own head, but on those of others. Demand to know
why he didn't just answer The Man's question.
* Anthony insists that yes, he did trace from Google and that no, none
of his contributions represent prohibited content in OSM.
* Anthony goes on to have in his possession simultaneously "tea" and
"no tea", thereby solving one of the stickier puzzle in the
Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy text adventure game. Go Anthony!
Stay tuned to today's rivetting episode of Dynasty!
 The key to this conundrum, incidentally, was to go rummaging
inside your own brain, find and remove your common sense, which would
otherwise block any attempt at justifying such an obvious paradox
Igaühel on siin oma laul
ja ma oma ei leiagi üles
More information about the talk