[OSM-talk] Bing coverage - more levels

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 11 07:18:06 GMT 2011

 On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 23:49:58 +0000, Dave F. wrote:
> On 09/02/2011 11:53, ant wrote:

>> What you do mean by "inaccurate readings"? I think the map is quite
>> accurate.
>

> http://ant.dev.openstreetmap.org/bingimageanalyzer/?lat=51.06122731915702&lon=-2.3915486787965934&zoom=9
>
> The blank areas have hi-res imagery (caveat: I have checked every
> tile)

 Apart from checking every tile, it is only an assumption. A fair
 assumption, but still just an assumption. As long as you haven't checked
 all tiles it is entirely possible that there is an area of low-res
 imagery contained in that area.
 Furthermore: you know nothing of the level of hi-res imagery. Is it
 "high" res imagery, "very high", "ultra high" or "super high"?

 BTW: isn't there a possibility to make an offline renderer for this?
 This would speed the process up even more.

 Regards,
 Maarten