[OSM-talk] It's fun while it lasts

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 11 09:50:31 GMT 2011

 On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 11:29:39 +0200, pecisk at gmail.com wrote:
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12427680
>
> I think we can call it a day. I really doubt Microsoft will be that
> interested in OSM anymore when they got Nokia on their hook.

 Why would you think that? Why would Microsoft be interested in OSM per
 se? And why would hooking up with Nokia dimishish their possible
 interest in OSM?

 I could even make a case that they are even more interested in OSM.
 Since Nokia wants to offer navigation and since map coverage in
 little-travelled area's is low, it would make sense for any company
 offering maps to use crowdsourcing as a means to increase their
 coverage.

 And a comment of "we can call it a day" is pointless on any level. Or
 is your only goal the acceptance of OSM by Microsoft?

 Regards,
 Maarten