[OSM-talk] Manual Point Entry

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 11 22:36:45 GMT 2011

Where have you got the GPS coordinates from (is the data agreeable to the
OSM license)?

What file format is the data in (does it have other data such as names of
the repair shops)?

You can use the api, but there are various tools to work with certain data.
You also need to be careful about doing automated imports. What if some of
the auto repair shops are already in OpenStreetMap?

If you can tell us more about what you have, then it will help greatly in
discussing the best solution. Such as if you have several hundred then it
might make sense to implement a system like the bike shop locator tool. If
it's <150 or so, then it might just be easier to do them semi-manually.

On 11 February 2011 22:50, Esben Stien <b0ef at esben-stien.name> wrote:

> Is there some kind of command line application that would let me enter
> data into the database?.
>
> Let's say I have the GPS coordinates of 100 auto repair shops. Is there
> any command line way to enter these shops into the database?.
>
> Any pointers?.
>
> --
> Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
>         http://www. s     t    n m