[OSM-talk] Spain needs OSM love

Oscar Orbe oskarorbe at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 17:42:15 GMT 2011

Hello,

you mean counting the tagged nodes and ways?

That sounds dangerous, what if somebody splits highways in small potions?

in some places, somebody has imprted hundreds of buildings, but that does not increase very much the quality of a map,

then you need to consider separately the main tag (name=x) because that means a lot

then there are areas with short streets (medieval quarters) and areas with long streets (suburbs) , etc etc etc... sounds very complicated

You would need a lot of time to create a function that can replace the honest opinion of someone who knows a bit about OSM and about the area of interest. I dont think it's worth the effort in my case.

--oscar