[OSM-talk] Mapping 'risky areas'

Katie Filbert filbertk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 18:35:05 GMT 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 10:18 AM, Mikel Maron <mikel_maron at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm starting to see opportunities in deprived areas throughout US cities
> from groups that want to map, especially with youth. Would be happy to
> discuss the possibilities more with anyone who's interested in making this
> happen.

+1 - It would be a good thing to reach out to local neighborhood
organizations and teach them about OSM, and know they would be receptive.

For DC, it's a matter of organizational capacity for our local group but
doing some outreach in less affluent neighborhoods here is definitely
something on my to-do list.

Cheers,
Katie