[OSM-talk] Tools for a better tomorrow

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 14:43:59 GMT 2011

2011/2/22 john whelan <jwhelan0112 at gmail.com>:
> We need better tools for validating tags.  Give something the wrong tag and
> it doesn't ever appear in a render.

+1
I found 4 nodes today which had population tags but no place tag. When
looking at the history I found that all of them (in distant places by
different users) once had a place tag as expected but years ago
someone deleted it (maybe by accident, looking at the users they were
all editing in Potlatch live and besides one they only made one edit,
which is the one where they deleted this info).

I would also be very interested in a tool to find deleted nodes,
because sometimes I see in my area missing POIs where I am sure that I
already entered them, and by looking at the edit of who deleted them
you often find more stuff they deleted (if it wasn't so damn difficult
to find the ID of deleted nodes).

cheers,
Martin