[OSM-talk] Coastline updates

Lennard ldp at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 25 20:24:19 GMT 2011

On 25-2-2011 17:03, Jochen Topf wrote:

> The coastline error checker says:
> Last update of coastline errors: Wed Apr 14 13:19:17 UTC 2010
> It also says it needs new hosting. I guess thats the problem.

The osm.org tile server generates its own coastline shapefiles. It
doesn't use the ones from the coastline error checker.

FWIW:
curl --head http://tile.openstreetmap.org/processed_p.tar.bz2
Last-Modified: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 09:24:39 GMT

curl --head http://tile.openstreetmap.org/shoreline_300.tar.bz2
Last-Modified: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 09:22:31 GMT

I don't know if the caching influences these dates.

> Can we get this going again? What exactly is needed?

A server with sufficient storage and bandwidth to process a weekly
planet, daily diffs, and many hours of single task processing per
coastline run.

--
Lennard