[OSM-talk] [HOT] Nametagging: Local script versus "international" latin script (for Libya)

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Mon Feb 28 00:00:02 GMT 2011

On 27.02.2011 21:14, Jean-Guilhem Cailton wrote:
>> Maybe I can convince german community member Stephan Knauss to join
>> the HOT team as he set up great bilingual maps like
>> http://thaimap.osm-tools.org or http://iran.osm-tools.org

Would it help to have bilingual rendering? I think porting a map similar
the Iran one should be done quite easy. It already has bilingual names
and font adjustments to improve readability of the map.

Currently the minutely diff update is tailored to the thaimap. With some
rework I guess it should be possible to enable the minutely diff also
for Libya. Until then a manual daily update is the thing I can offer.

Would this be of any help? Please let me know.

Stephan