[OSM-talk] [HOT] Nametagging: Local script versus "international" latin script (for Libya)

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 23:42:45 GMT 2011

I have a couple of basic VB programs that can take a local .OSM file and add
a name:fr field to street names, it also does a little look up to translate
the street name type.  You just take the output and feed it into JOSM and
upload the changes.

As with all bots and such tools its best to have some one else verify the
output before going mad with it.

Maperitive can be set to render using one of the alternative name fields
such as name:fr and I have an example if need be.

Cheerio John