[OSM-talk] What phones do OSMers have?

Craig Wallace craigw84 at fastmail.fm
Mon Jan 3 18:18:34 GMT 2011

On 03/01/2011 17:14, Steve Coast wrote:
> I’m curious. So here’s a little survey, people like you take a second to
> answer it;
>
> http://bit.ly/ii3cKg
>
> Specifically I’m wondering if everyone has androids because we’re all
> open source nuts or if it’s more balanced? Only the data will show.

Somewhat confusing survey - is it about the make/model of the phone, or
the operating system it runs?
eg there are many makes of Android or Windows phones. And Nokia make
some phones that run Symbian, or others that are just simple phones.
And why specifically Windows Phone 7, and not other versions of Windows
Mobile / Windows CE etc?

FWIW, I currently use a Sony Ericsson K850, so not a smartphone or
anything. Though it can run Java midlets - I'm using GpsMid for OSM maps.
I am thinking about getting some sort of Android phone.

Craig