[OSM-talk] What phones do OSMers have?

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 20:16:39 GMT 2011

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 7:14 PM, Steve Coast <steve at asklater.com> wrote:
> I’m curious. So here’s a little survey, people like you take a second to
> answer it;
>

>                 http://bit.ly/ii3cKg
>

> Specifically I’m wondering if everyone has androids because we’re all open
> source nuts or if it’s more balanced? Only the data will show.

When I wrote my mobile app, I chose Windows CE over OpenMoko based on
what devices will be cheaply available a couple of years down the line
without having to rewrite large parts of the code. (It was a bit
tricky to support all the variations of Windows CE, but still quite
successful).

By the same logic, Android will rule amongst hobbyists over the next
few years, while Iphone will make all the money.  You don't need to be
an open source nut to see that.