[OSM-talk] Postmortem analysys

Andrew wynndale at lavabit.com
Sat Jan 8 12:34:25 GMT 2011

Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Nic Roets wrote:
> >
> > Mike, please don't blame the bot.
> It's not the bot. It's the operator that did horrible stuff. And
> bot-operator-enablers who defended their actions.

The people who might have written an intelligent bot (only joining roads to
other roads, only joining them on county boundaries, understanding differences
of level) have been too scared to do so, leaving the door open for stupid ones.

> Let those broken routers choke on real-world cases where nodes really are in
> the same place (double-decker bridge that crosses a state line, for
> example). I'll continue to map correctly.

Yes, absolutely; tweaking the mapped network to work round bugs in routers is
like tagging for the renderer.

--
Andrew