[OSM-talk] What phone survey results

David Murn davey at incanberra.com.au
Sun Jan 9 01:18:24 GMT 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-07 at 12:00 -0800, SteveC wrote:
> That's kind of interesting. Sold over what time period though?

The article I posted gave figures (in both volume and $ sales) for
per-quarter periods, compared with other quarters in 2010 and the
previous year.

> "Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game..

I find this a very interesting response when the question asked of you
was:

"*I* don't want to know who's using what 'phone; I wanted to know why
*you* wanted to know."

Someone fairly and squarely asked the reason why youre surveying users
on this mailing list, a mailing list for a project that begins with
'Open', and your response is to call it an argument with an anonymous
idiot?

Wouldnt it be easier (and less personally insulting) to simply give an
answer to the question everyone has politely asked you, or if youre
under some commercial-in-confidence agreement, then at least say so?

You asked everyone here for their help with your project, then launch
into a tirade that everyone who enquired for more details about your
project, is a 'self-righteous sixteen-year-old posessing infinite
amounts of free time'.

David