[OSM-talk] To those who remove dupe nodes

Oscar Orbe oskarorbe at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 9 17:20:46 GMT 2011

--- On Sun, 1/9/11, Matt Amos <zerebubuth at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Matt Amos <zerebubuth at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [OSM-talk] To those who remove dupe nodes
To: "Nathan Edgars II" <neroute2 at gmail.com>
Cc: talk at openstreetmap.org
Date: Sunday, January 9, 2011, 5:07 PM

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 4:25 PM, Nathan Edgars II <neroute2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Frederik Ramm wrote:
>> Your original complaint was about people removing *duplicate* nodes
>> though, not people removing fresh, unused nodes. That's another
>> situation; if your upload creates duplicate nodes then your upload is
>> buggy and should be stopped.
>>
> Not always - an import of TIGER county lines will create dupes with TIGER
> roads, and these should not be joined.

in this case Oscar's import consists of landuse areas, which should be
joined. otherwise, what's in the gap? ;-)

with the admin boundaries and physical features it's more of a matter
of opinion; there are good reasons to join them, and good reasons to
have them separate.

cheers,

matt

hello, yes some of my polygons are a bit messy, nothing very relevant actually- I'll be fixing that in the next 24/48 hours.
regards--oscar