[OSM-talk] highway=unsurfaced

john at jfeldredge.com john at jfeldredge.com
Sun Jan 9 18:54:49 GMT 2011

In a prosperous country, the only roads likely to be unsurfaced are tracks, unclassified, or bridleways.  Other roads are likely to have at least a gravel surface.  However, in much of the Third World, the majority of the roads are likely to be unsurfaced, even if they are of major importance to the region.  So, no one set of assumptions will fit the entire world.