[OSM-talk] Why I don't use JOSM (was Re: Non-map-based OSM editor)

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Mon Jan 24 12:00:16 GMT 2011

Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Come on people. There's enough editors for everyone. There's a ton
> of reasons, for *every* editor, why someone would use or not use
> it. Personally I am glad that this is so

Absolutely.

I'd also add that transferring your expectations of how one editor works
onto another is always going to end in heartache. For example, Martin wrote:
"But Potlatch is much slower, at least for me, once there are several
thousand primitives in view it will become quite unuseable." Yes, if you try
and use Potlatch to show several thousand objects you are certifiably
insane. If you want to work in a JOSM-like manner, use JOSM!

cheers
Richard