[OSM-talk] Why I don't use JOSM (was Re: Non-map-based OSM editor)

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 04:40:19 GMT 2011

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 9:22 PM, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you are annoyed by plugins that break everything (does indeed
> happen, but rarely), simply don't install them. Stuff that has proven
> generally useful and stable will usually get integrated in the main
> code basis.

Alright, cool. Let's just remember, this thread is "why I don't use
JOSM", not "let's convince Steve that he should use JOSM" or "why
Potlatch sucks worse than JOSM". I'm just providing feedback from one
user's perspective (ie, mine) as to what JOSM would need to do better
to be more user-friendly - if that is even the goal.

Anyway, Potlatch tends to suit my working style (quickly dipping in to
work on an area that suddenly caught my interest) quite well.

Steve