[OSM-talk] Why I don't use JOSM (was Re: Non-map-based OSM editor)

Kevin Peat kevin at kevinpeat.com
Tue Jan 25 08:07:13 GMT 2011

+1 on this idea

I have used josm since I started with osm but still end up clicking fairly
randomly on these icons. A menu would be way better.

Kevin

 On 24 Jan 2011 22:41, "M∡rtin Koppenhoefer" <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

2011/1/24 Sebastian Klein <bastikln at googlemail.com>:

> Anthony wrote:
>>
>> If I take notes of which parts I find least intuitive (the parts I
>> have to...
I'd like to recall an UI-"idea" already mentioned some years ago: get
rid of the icons in the lower left and have the windows/tabs on the
right turned on and off with a new menu on the top: "windows" or
similar. This is IMHO how most programs handle this. These icons tend
to be confusing for beginners and the more plugins you have installed,
the worse it gets (you have to scroll because they have filled up the
left border).

cheers
Martin