[OSM-talk] [OSM-Photos] OpenTrailView update: now with walkthroughs and links with OSM data

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Tue Jan 25 19:26:16 GMT 2011

Hi Toby,
>I uploaded a few sets of two images in the US a while ago. Were these
>deleted in the upgrade because they weren't panoramas?

>Toby

They are still present on the server, I think, but no longer linked from the map. I figured it would be better to try and focus the project on one thing,  i.e. panoramas. However, my other site Freemap (www.free-map.org.uk) does allow users to upload ordinary photos and potentially is capable of displaying a sequence of ordinary photos along a hiking route. It's basically an OSM site for UK hikers, however it's potentially deployable for anywhere in the world as the source is in OSM SVN: it just needs an OSM PostGIS database to work with. If you are interested in setting up a Freemap server for your area let me know: sorry if it's not the ideal solution but I figured that OTV would work better if it focused solely on panoramas.

Nick