[OSM-talk] Nominatim updates

Vladimir Vyskocil vladimir.vyskocil at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 14:02:49 GMT 2011

Hi Brian,

Such requests used to work some time ago :

http://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/search?q=fuel&nearlat=43.5&nearlon=7&format=xml

But now there are errors as soon as I try to use a spatial constraint in the search. Perhaps the DB had lost some spatial indexes when Nominatim was migrated  ?

string(239) "select l.place_id from place_classtype_amenity_fuel as l,placex as f where f.place_id in (60261055) and ST_DWithin(l.centroid, st_centroid(f.geometry), 0.05)  order by ST_Distance(ST_SetSRID(ST_Point(7,43.5),4326), l.geometry) ASC limit 10"
object(DB_Error)#2 (8) {
  ["error_message_prefix"]=>
  string(0) ""
  ["mode"]=>
  int(1)
  ["level"]=>
  int(1024)
  ["code"]=>
  int(-19)
  ["message"]=>
  string(23) "DB Error: no such field"
  ["userinfo"]=>
  string(431) "select l.place_id from place_classtype_amenity_fuel as l,placex as f where f.place_id in (60261055) and ST_DWithin(l.centroid, st_centroid(f.geometry), 0.05)  order by ST_Distance(ST_SetSRID(ST_Point(7,43.5),4326), l.geometry) ASC limit 10 [nativecode=ERROR:  column l.geometry does not exist
LINE 1: ...by ST_Distance(ST_SetSRID(ST_Point(7,43.5),4326), l.geometry...
                                                             ^]"
Is there any plan to bring this kind of (very useful !) search back ?

Regards,
Vlad.