[OSM-talk] Featured mapping, parks

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Mon Jul 4 01:09:36 BST 2011

Has anyone considered creating "Featured mapping of the week", similar to
Best of OSM [1]? Or featured/example mapping for key/tag pages? These would
pick out certain areas that are very well mapped, to be used as examples for
others to follow.

What I'm thinking about at the moment is mapping of parks, something I've
been working on in my area. I'd like to see examples of other well mapped
parks, to see how I could improve the ones I've worked on. Here are two such
parks I've mapped recently, which I'm pretty happy with, but I'm sure I'm
missing something:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=38.76211&lon=-77.29749&zoom=15&layers=M(Burke
Lake Park)
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=38.77389&lon=-77.10726&zoom=17&layers=M(Lee
District Park)

I'd appreciate any links to well mapped parks, and perhaps I could create a
wiki page listing them. Of course these example areas will not only be
applicable to leisure=park, but leisure=pitch, amenity=parking, and many
other tags. I think it would be good to have these sorts of comprehensive
examples to point out to beginning (and experienced) contributors.

-Josh

[1]: http://bestofosm.org/