[OSM-talk] Sister Projects

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Jul 5 22:44:10 BST 2011

Hi,

M?rtin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>> Sure, maybe we find a better topic than 'related' or sister projects.
>> Maybe 'other VGI' or something more strict?
>
> Why on earth should we give references to proprietary data projects
> like mapmaker in our wiki?

To point out the difference?

Maybe we should rename the page to "similar projects" because "related"
seems to suggest that we have some sort of working relationship (i.e.
OSMF board members being invited to VIP dinners and such ;)

I would have no problem with a "similar projects" page that maybe has
two sub-sections, "other open projects" and "proprietary products" or so.

It doesn't even have to be as placative as
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Google_map_maker ;)

Bye
Frederik