[OSM-talk] Obvious turn restrictions

Mike N niceman at att.net
Fri Jul 8 17:13:40 BST 2011

On 7/8/2011 11:21 AM, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> North Elk Vale has been split into three ways with four relations on
> each side of the overpass. And for what? To prevent a router from
> telling you to turn right in the wrong part of the intersection? Is a
> GPS even accurate to 100 feet?

   I'm for keeping things as no more complicated than necessary at the
current state of OSM data.   The "missed-turn + recalculate" case is
very much an edge case that doesn't need to be handled at first.   This
seems like something that would best be addressed as a result of reports
of wrong routing instructions.