[OSM-talk] New Garmin AOI maps of European cross-boarder regions

Lambertus osm at na1400.info
Mon Jul 11 15:26:00 BST 2011

Sorry, the first mail was to Colliar personally...

On 2011-07-11 15:49, colliar wrote:
 > Am 11.07.2011 07:56, schrieb Maarten Deen:
 >> Have a look at http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/
 >> Ther you can choose which regions to download. They will be packaged in
 >> one map file.
 >
 > Thanks.
 > Is there a possibility to get/store your individual tile lists ?

Unfortunately no. At least not at the moment. The tile boundaries and
numbers vary between updates which makes keeping lists up-to-date difficult.

But I can imagine that users specify their own bounding box (polygon) of
interest and let the website select the appropriate tiles that fit the
polygon. This already works for the countries, so it should not be a
huge deal to implement for user defined polygons. Would this meet your
needs?

 > Can you download builds of current day ?
No. Maps are updated approximately once a week.

 > Let say 100 people want a update of Vienna next friday.
Two options:

- They can select Austria from the drop-down menu and start downloading
immediately (only one person has to request the Austria map and wait for
the server to complete the request).

- If everyone selects the same tiles for their custom request then they
will (currently) have to enter their email address but the server will
render the custom request only once and send an email with the download
link to all who entered their email.

Perhaps I should enable the check for already available maps for custom
maps as well. But this will generate an AJAX request to the server for
every tile (de-)selected though...

Thoughts?