[OSM-talk] Topo Pirineos - or lots of new material to trace/import in the Pyrenees

Felix Hartmann extremecarver at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 22:30:30 BST 2011

On 11.07.2011 13:48, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> 2011/7/9 Felix Hartmann<extremecarver at gmail.com>:
>> .... As we're
>> still under CCBYSA 2.0, people can use it to trace rivers and trails to OSM
>> :-)
>
> while the data is still distributed under cc-by-ca you cannot enter
> data any more in cc-by-sa only. All current contributions most also be
> compatible with odbl and the ct.
Of course you can. I.e. on fosm.org.

>> ....or might we have another case of OSM data piracy....
>> (I'ld support the later, as there is no real data sources given for the rest
>> of the data, and from my opinion clearly a pirated Garmin MPC has been used
>> to create the map).
>
> do you have more details why you think that this is pirated data
> besides "missing" source-tags?
No, as I don't have much clue at all where the data is from. I do think
for Spain it's from IGN and thus okay for personal use only. For France
I have no clue at all.
However as I could not find (don't speak catalan, so only used google
translate), a list of sources (and there seems to be quite a melange), I
have no clue.

Clearly OSM data is pirated as the map is not published CCBYSA 2.0!