[OSM-talk] Commenting and thumbs up/down feature for changesets

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 01:32:31 BST 2011

Yup, I'd played with that idea, both actually. I think commenting has
value (and have the code around here somewhere to start on it- there's
not a lot to it).

Voting on changesets is more difficult. Initially that was my whole
goal, but my concern is that OSM could become too vote-oriented, and
thought comments made more sense.

I also think that changeset comments could help local communities, by
letting people subscribe to a bounding box, much like how OWL works.

I have some code around here for what I was working on. I haven't
looked at it in a while, I think all I had were models.

If people are interested in working on this, I'd be happy to dust off
my code, or work with others.

- Serge