[OSM-talk] [talk-au] Hitting reset on talk-au

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Tue Jul 12 14:39:46 BST 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 3:00 AM, Steve Coast <steve at asklater.com> wrote:
> We can block the 'main' people. Then you have to draw the line somewhere between the good
> and the bad anonymous posters. I would suggest anyone who's posted that they want to disrupt
> the project and anyone operating under a pseudonym.

I think it's okay to block/remove anyone who is here to disrupt the
project.  If they've said that in the past, and have not made a strong
indication that it wasn't/is no longer true, then by all means they
shouldn't be on the list.

As for pseudonyms, I can't agree on blocking them en masse, especially
when the atmosphere is so hostile that people are being threatened
(both physically, and with harassment of them/their employers).  What
I do think is that pseudonyms (without an attached real-world
identity) should be given a shorter leash.

Most of all, I don't think any rules that we invent here are going to
solve the problem.  What's needed is good discretion by the list
maintainers.

Ultimately what I'm posting here is just a public suggestion to the
maintainers.  It should be their final decision what to do.  And if
you don't like it, start your own list, or join someone else's.