[OSM-talk] Hitting reset on talk-au

Shalabh shalabh.w at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 05:07:26 BST 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 5:40 AM, David Murn <davey at incanberra.com.au> wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-07-12 at 10:16 +0100, Dave F. wrote:
> > On 11/07/2011 17:56, Mikel Maron wrote:
> > > Everyone
> > >
> > > This thread was on the topic of the atmosphere of the Australian
> > > community and talk-au,
> > >
> > > -Mikel on behalf of Talk Moderators
> > >

> > Then, as a moderator, you should give Steve C. a warning for polluting
> > this general talk forum with irrelevant waffling.
>
> Incase you havent learnt, the moderation is there to stop anyone else
> drowning out SteveC on the list.
>
> In one foul swoop, Richard has destroyed my interest in OSM.. 5 years of
> mapping contributions, code contributions, discussion contributions, and
> we get treated like this.  I have deleted all my accounts, all my
> subscriptions, and am in the process of deleting 12 months of GPX traces
> and OSM files that Ive built up from my round-australia travels, mostly
> on highways which have never been mapped, and wont be mapped unless
> someone else takes the week-long roadtrip.

David,

As a mostly silent observer of the foul stuff that goes on here, I have a
question for you.

Do you believe in OSM for what Richard thinks of you and your contributions
or do you just believe in OSM because it is open and good?

And to echo Steve Bennet's comment, I am at a loss to find anything bad
enough said by any Richard to justify this rant.

Regards,
Shalabh