[OSM-talk] Commenting and thumbs up/down feature for changesets

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Jul 13 07:06:31 BST 2011

Hi,

On 07/13/11 07:13, Erik Johansson wrote:
> There is a reason why there is no dislike or -1 button. This only lead
> to mobbing of "most disliked persons", and that possible useful
> discussion about tags to be hidden away in yet another discussion
> forum.

I think the -1 button works well on help.osm.org and doesn't, as far as
I can see, lead to mobbing of disliked persons.

A -1 button would allow us to easily identify problem cases; it is
machine readable, in contrast to a textual comment.

> Maybe removing the private message function in osm.org (like
> wikipedia) and replacing it with a forum would be enough. This has
> several advantages, such as a possibility to spot predatory behavior
> on new comers.

I really want to be able to criticize a changeset, not a person. I
wouldn't want a wikipedia style personal page where there are tons of
messages like "in changeset 12345, you did this and that", and nobody
who looks at the changeset sees that message.

Bye
Frederik