[OSM-talk] Commenting and thumbs up/down feature for changesets

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 08:01:23 BST 2011

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 7:42 AM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> 1. a facility where I can comment on the perceived usefulness of a
> changeset;
>
> 2. a facility where I can click a "thumbs down" or "thumbs up" in case I
> particularly like or dislike the change;
>
> 3. a league table showing the most liked/disliked changesets and their
> perpetrators^Wauthors.

Sure, picking on people whose contributions differ from your own
preferences is one approach. A much better one would be for use to
improve our policies and documentation, and strengthen our community
so that our work aligns more closely.

Did this changeset actually break any guidelines or policies? Is there
anything wrong with it other than the fact that you don't personally
approve? Let's approach the problem in a spirit of long-term
sustainability, not short term witch-hunting.

Steve