[OSM-talk] shapefile to OSM poly for osmosis planet cutting

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Wed Jul 13 09:15:12 BST 2011

I have a shapefile containing a fair number of polygons that I want to feed
into osmosis for cutting up an OSM data file.
osmosis takes .poly files for this purpose.
Is there a way to either convert a polygon shapefile to OSM poly format or
to achieve this some other way? Right now I'm thinking of importing the
entire (US) planet into PostGIS and cut it in the database.
This is for analysis purposes, not visualization.
Thanks!
--
martijn van exel
schaaltreinen.nl