[OSM-talk] When will a "full rendering database reload" happen? (To fix the rendering of places defined as areas)

woll woll at 2-islands.com
Sat Jul 16 14:46:22 BST 2011

Can someone tell me when a "full rendering database reload of OSM" will
happen? Or tell me who to contact to encourage them get it done soon.

Currently the rendering of places defined as areas/multipolygons is not
working correctly, as mentioned in this question (and many other
questions/reports in tracs and other places):
http://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/4607/is-there-a-way-to-get-a-county-city-and-suburb-name-rendered-without-using-a-place-node

Apparently the area places problem will be fixed when a "full rendering
database reload of OSM" is done, however there doesn't seem to be any
published information as to when this might be done by the OSM
administrators (as far as I can see this process is something that is in
"OSM", rather than specifically "Mapnik").